One of my tiny band of Facebook brothers (and sisters) recently commented on a friend's particularly striking selfie photo. The comment read: 'hair on point, outfit goals, totes on fleek'. Mystified I turned to the internet for an explanation and discovered a whole new … Continue reading Are You Down With the Urban Lingo?
Peter Kay's Car Share came to the end of the road last Friday (May 22nd, 9.30 pm) and I just wanted to put it out there; Peter Kay is a bona fide, comedy GENIUS. I'm not going with Comedy God, King of Comedy or any other … Continue reading Peter Kay’s Car Share
Most viewers, I imagine, would have found the scene where the young girl rises from the dead - featured in Sunday night's first instalment of the adaptation of Susanna Clarke's 2004 novel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - a suitably alarming and magical moment, as the … Continue reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Your average human body contains a ridiculous number of atoms - 7 billion, billion, billion to be exact - and 99% of those atoms belong to the chemical elements Carbon (C), Hydrogen (H) and Oxygen (O), the remaining 1% being micro-stuff that doesn't really show … Continue reading I Worry, therefore I Am
Just recently five British nutjobs…..I mean five of our bravest and smartest citizens….were chosen to join the other 95 successful, international lunatics…..er candidates….to begin training as astronauts for the Mars One mission which, if you believe the folks out there in the Netherlands, is still going ahead … Continue reading Will there be Life on Mars?